Though we may not give much thought to a pack of tissue boxes scattered in living spaces everywhere, they are an essential part of our daily lives. They go through a rigorous quality assurance process to meet the required standards.
This blog is about the significant importance of quality assurance in tissue packaging, the means of tissue packaging, the practices, the challenges and its future in tissue packaging quality assurance.
The Importance of Quality Assurance in Tissue Packaging
Manufacturers and suppliers should prioritize a product’s packaging as it is the basis for which a potential consumer decides to buy it. Facial tissues, toilet paper, or paper towels may be mundane items, but their value increases with appropriate packaging.
Below are a few reasons behind the importance of quality assurance in tissue packaging.
- Customer Satisfaction: as tissue companies produce these in economies of scale, it becomes vital to ensure that the quality of their tissue products is not compromised. A slight change in the tissue quality would lead to customer dissatisfaction and severely damage the brand’s reputation.
- Health and hygiene: due to the sensitive nature of the product and its application on the consumers’ skin, it becomes essential to implement strict safety and hygiene checks at every stage of the production process.
- Environmental Impact: we live in an environmentally conscious world. The demand for eco-friendly packaging has become necessary for modern industrial workspaces.
Standards in Tissue Packaging
In Pakistan, there are various standards and regulations in place. The following few rules that should be adhered to by the local companies:
- Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority (PSQCA): this national regulatory body meets standards regarding various products, including packaging materials.
- Import and Export Regulations: to ensure the maintenance of international standards of quality control and regulations for the export and import stages, a list of rules is available for businesses to follow.
- Halal certifications: every product made for the Muslim market must be halal certified.
Additionally, businesses should invest in a panel of legal experts to stay current with the ever-changing packaging-related rules and regulations.
Practices in Tissue Packaging Quality Assurance
The tissue manufacturers have various SOPs to uphold the high packaging standards. They start with the detailed inspection of raw materials from pulp, additives and chemicals. Continuous monitoring of Temperature, humidity and pressure levels throughout the manufacturing process with sensors and other sophisticated devices and machinery in their manufacturing units takes place.in the final stages, batches undergo testing to check their tear resistance levels, absorbency, softness and more. Now comes the tests done for packaging to ensure the safe and sound transportation of the tissue products. During these stages, hygiene and safety measures ensure that the manufacturing premises are free from contamination.
Challenges in Tissue Packaging Quality Assurance
Several challenges exist when maintaining the tissue products’ quality.
As mentioned above, the demand for eco-friendly packaging has been increasing rapidly, and it has become a significant challenge to research and develop alternative ways of packaging materials without impacting their businesses negatively.
Ensuring quality can come with a cost, especially for businesses already operating under dire economic conditions. Thus, it is essential to maintain an equilibrium between upholding quality standards and staying within budget.
Contemporarily, businesses have become consumer-centric, creating many complexities in the business landscape. They are especially keeping up with the ever-changing consumer preferences and demands.
The Future of Tissue Packaging Quality Assurance
The future of tissue packaging remains unpredictable when judging from the current market trends. Innovative materials, technological advancement, customization, and sustainability initiatives, when used in all the right places, can promise a continuous supply of high-quality tissue products soon.
To summarize, the standards and practices placed during the tissue packaging process are meticulous and time-consuming but yield positive results, ensuring that the end consumers are satisfied without compromising hygiene and sustainability.